Multi-stock and Production Sites
The Multi-stock and production sites functionality allows managing multiple physical stocks and/or production sites at different geographical locations.
This functionality can be turned on at Settings -> System settings -> Enterprise functions -> Multi-stock and production sites.
When the multi-stock functionality is enabled
The following software sections become available:
- The Settings -> Production sites/Stocks page becomes available, where it is possible to define the different sites and their addresses.
- The Stock -> Transfer Orders page becomes available, where it is possible to make shipments between locations, print waybills etc. The functionality is the same as for Shipments
In the Stock section:
- In all functions and reports, a particular stock/site can be selected, or an overview of all sites can be seen.
- Min. stock value for an item can be defined for each stock.
- A default storage location (bin) for an item at every stock should be defined.
In the Procurement section:
- When creating a purchase order, a site must be selected for each line;
- Items on one PO can be ordered to different sites.
- The "Ship To" address of the site is printed on the PO PDF.
In the Production planning section:
- A production site can be selected in different functions and reports.
- A production site must be chosen when planning new manufacturing orders. The products will become available at this site and materials can only be booked from this site.
- A production site needs to be selected for every workstation (one workstation can be on one site - each site has separate workstations).
In the CRM section:
- When booking goods for a customer order, a stock needs to be chosen.
User access rights for multi-stock management
For adding stocks/production sites (in Settings -> Production sites/Stocks), or creating Transfer Orders, the user needs to have appropriate rights set in Settings -> Human Resources -> User rights.