BigCommerce is a powerful e-commerce platform. BigCommerce and MRPeasy work seamlessly together so that sales are done in BigCommerce and products are manufactured, materials are handled, production is planned, and purchasing managed in MRPeasy.
- How to set up the integration between MRPeasy and BigCommerce?
- How does the integration between MRPeasy and BigCommerce work?
- How to post an order from BigCommerce to MRPeasy?
- How are products booked for order in MRPeasy?
- How to know if an order is ready for fulfillment in BigCommerce?
- How to ship the products and deduct inventory from MRPeasy?
- Support for integration.
The integration between MRPeasy and BigCommerce works as follows:
- A sales order from BigCommerce is posted to MRPeasy.
- Available items are automatically booked for the order in MRPeasy.
If items are not available, then some manual action is necessary. Read: How to check stock and book the products for the Customer Order?
- Once items become available, the status of the sales order in BigCommerce becomes Awaiting shipment. Also, a note is added to the order.
- Items can be shipped both in BigCommerce or MRPeasy, and inventory is subtracted from MRPeasy.
The order from BigCommerce is posted to MRPeasy once it's been paid. As a result:
- it is imported to MRPeasy as a Customer Order at CRM -> Customer Orders.
- A note In production is added to the order in BigCommerce.
- The BigCommerce order number is copied to the Reference field in the MRPeasy Customer Order.
- Products are matched by the SKU field in BigCommerce and the Part Number field in MRPeasy.
- If some products must not be sent to MRPeasy (for example, a service), they must have no SKU value or an SKU that does not match any part number in MRPeasy.
- If the order has no products with matching SKUs, it is not imported to MRPeasy and a note is attached to the order.
MRPeasy is a highly accurate inventory management software, where specific products must be booked - i.e. reserved - for specific orders. (Read: What is a stock lot? How does lot/batch tracking work?)
When an order has been imported into MRPeasy from BigCommerce:
- The software tries to book products. Available products are booked immediately.
- If there are products which couldn't be automatically booked, then:
- the status of the parts of the Customer Order will be Not booked.
- To book these parts, please see the instructions: How to check stock and book products for a customer order?
(If items' have Min. stock value set, then these will already be displayed on the Critical On-hand report, which shows shortages.)
When all products are ready:
- The MRPeasy Customer Order’s status is changed to Ready for shipment.
- In BigCommerce, the status of the order is changed to Awaiting shipment, and a note Ready for shipment is added in the order’s details, indicating that this order can be fully fulfilled.
For shipping the items:
- whether to create a shipment in MRPeasy and pick all items. The status of the order in BigCommerce will be changed to Shipped,
- or change the status of the order to Shipped in BigCommerce, and a shipment will be created in MRPeasy, and all items will be automatically marked picked so that products are deducted from the inventory.
To set up the integration between BigCommerce and MRPeasy:
- Go to https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/mrpeasy/ and click Get This App.
- Sign up or sign in to your MRPeasy account.
- Fill in the required information:
- select whether to import customer information or to use a generic customer,
- if the Enterprise functionality Multi-Stock and Production Sites is enabled, select the site for booking products.
- Click the Save button.
For privacy and data consistency reasons, it is advised to have customer information in one place only. That is, if a customer signs up in BigCommerce, better to have his contact details in BigCommerce only. In this case, MRPeasy will create one generic customer in MRPeasy CRM, and use it for all orders that are imported from BigCommerce.
Depending on your business specifics, you may want to import customer information from BigCommerce to MRPeasy. In this case, when configuring the integration between BigCommerce and MRPeasy, please select the option "Import customers". In this case, the customer's name and address will be imported to MRPeasy along with the order.
Please note that BigCommerce allows updating the shipping address after the order has been placed. In this case, MRPeasy tries to update the address in the customer's details in MRPeasy. Nevertheless, please check that addresses match in both systems.
The integration between BigCommerce and MRPeasy is maintained by MRPeasy. If you have any technical questions about the integration, please turn to MRPeasy support.