The Non-inventory items functionality gives the ability to use non-inventory stock items, i.e. to turn off inventory tracking for some items (e.g. office supplies, furniture, rent, utilities, etc).
Usage of non-inventory items:
- Non-inventory items can only be used in Purchase Orders and Invoices (can be bought and sold).
- Non-inventory items cannot be used in BOMs, Manufacturing Orders, or Customer Orders.
- These items are not part of inventory or inventory management - these items do not have stock lots, bookings, etc.
This functionality can be enabled at Settings -> System settings -> Professional functions -> Non-inventory items.
If this functionality is enabled, then:
- The setting This is an inventory item (Yes/No) will become available when creating a new article at Stock -> Items. This setting Defaults to "Yes".
- Once the item has been saved, then this setting cannot be changed. An inventory item cannot be converted to non-inventory and vice-versa.
If you have been billed for your non-inventory item now, but it is actually the last month's expense, then, for your correct bookkeeping enter Invoice Date from the last month.
To select a specific account, where the non-inventory item cost will be posted in MRPeasy accounting, configure the default posting account for non-inventory items as an expense account:
- Go to Accounting -> Chart of accounts.
- Edit the expense account.
- Select it to be a default account for "non-inventory items".
In this case, the product group of the non-inventory item should not have an Inventory account associated (check it at Stock -> Stock settings -> Product groups).