The Non-inventory items functionality gives the ability to use non-inventory stock items, i.e. to turn off inventory tracking for some items (e.g. office supplies and furniture).
Usage of non-inventory items:
- Non-inventory items can only be used in Purchase Orders and Invoices (can be bought and sold).
- Non-inventory items cannot be used in BOMs, Manufacturing Orders, or Customer Orders.
- These items are not part of inventory or inventory management - these items do not have stock lots, bookings, etc.
This functionality can be enabled at Settings -> System settings -> Professional functions -> Non-inventory items.
If this functionality is enabled, then:
- The setting This is an inventory item (Yes/No) will become available when creating a new article at Stock -> Items. This setting Defaults to "Yes".
- Once the item has been saved, then this setting cannot be changed. An inventory item cannot be converted to non-inventory and vice-versa.