Import pricelist from a CSV file
At CRM -> Pricelists -> Import from CSV it is possible to upload and update pricelists of items you sell, one pricelist at a time.
To use this functionality, the Tiered Pricing functionality has to be enabled at Settings -> System settings -> Professional functions -> Tiered pricing: Yes.
What is CSV? CSV (Comma-Separated Values) is a universal format for importing or exporting tabular data. A CSV file can be obtained by saving/exporting e.g. an Excel file as CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv).
When uploading the CSV file:
- Select and match the names of the fields corresponding to the columns in the data.
- Check the "The first row is heading" option if the first row of the file contains headers. Then the first row will not be imported.
- Select "Do not import" as the column type if some column is not to be imported.
- Click Import to upload the data into the appropriate fields of the database.
When uploading pricelists, the fields that can be used are:
|Product||Part number of the item, as defined in Stock -> Items|
|Selling price||The selling price, in your main currency.|
|Min. quantity||The minimal order quantity from which this sales price will be chosen.|
Example import table:
|(Up to 3000 lines can be imported at once)|
Download a sample file: import-pricelist.csv
At CRM -> Pricelists -> Import from CSV it is possible to update a pricelist by uploading the new version from a CSV file.
For updating a pricelist by uploading a CSV file:
- Go to CRM -> Pricelists and click on Import from CSV.
- Choose the CSV file.
- A drop-down menu appears for choosing an existing Pricelist.
- Choose the desired existing pricelist to update.
- Match the columns, and mark if the file has headers.
- Finish the import.
- If the imported file contains non-Latin characters, the file must be in UTF-8 (preferred) or Unicode encoding. If Excel is used to save the file, select the "Unicode Text (*.txt)" option in the "Save as type" field. Even though the extension of the file is TXT, it can be imported as a CSV-file.
- The limit is 3000 lines per upload. If you need more lines per pricelist, ask us.
- Since importing can be a question of trial-and-error, we strongly suggest making a back-up of the database before importing. In that case, if anything goes wrong, it is always possible to restore the previous state.