Storage Location Details
The storage location details page allows defining new, editing, or deleting an existing storage location.
A storage location is a location inside one warehouse, e.g. an area, a bin, or a shelf.
For adding a storage location:
- Go to Stock -> Stock settings -> Storage locations and click Create Create.
Or click Add a new storage location from any storage location choice menu.
- Enter the name of the storage location.
- Tips and tricks.
- How to move items between internal storage locations?
- How to transfer items to another warehouse?
- Different pieces of one article can be in different locations at one time. An item's default storage location can be set in the item's details.
- The location number one cannot be deleted (displayed in italic), this is the default generic stock location. It can be renamed from this screen, or from Settings -> System settings -> Regional settings -> Generic name of an undefined place in stock.
- If you need to use different warehouses, then the Multi-stock and Production Sites functionality must be used.