The Two-factor authentication functionality provides an extra layer of security when logging in by requiring the user to authenticate using two-step verification/login.
This functionality can be enabled at Settings -> System settings -> Enterprise functions -> Two-factor authentication (2FA).
If this function is enabled:
- it is possible to force users to perform 2-step verification at signing in (configured per user).
- Users must use their mobile phones (iOS, Android or BlackBerry only) to generate a special code and enter it for signing in.
Enabling two-factor authentication (2FA) for logging in
- Enable it at Settings -> System settings -> Enterprise functions -> Two-factor authentication (2FA).
- Install the Google Authenticator app on the user's phone who will use 2FA:
- Go to Settings -> Human resources and open the user's details page.
- Enable Two-factor authentication (2FA) for the user and Save changes.
- Click link Show 2FA key.
- Open Google Authenticator app.
- Click Begin setup or +.
- Click Scan barcode and scan a QR-code that is displayed,
or click Manual entry.
- Enter the key to field Key.
- Account can be your MRPeasy username.
- Time-based must be turned on.
If 2FA box is checked for a particular user, the software will ask to enter the authentication code every time when logging in. The user should:
- open Google Authenticator app
- Enter the code that is generated by the app.