The Co-product BOM functionality allows for the retrieval of other additional products as a result of one manufacturing order. This will allow workers to report the quantity of rejected products or scrap. Other functions (changing the number of final products, reporting of consumption of the parts) are already available.
This functionality is mainly for reporting scrap or wastage, which needs to be tracked in inventory for further processing.
This functionality can be enabled at Settings -> System settings -> Professional functions -> Co-product BOM.
Configuring additional products
Co-products must be previously configured in the BOM of the main product. To set up the additional products:
- At Stock -> Items create the articles for the additional products, for example Waste or Scrap.
- Open the BOM of your product, where these items will be produced as additional side-products.
- Add the additional products in the section Additional product. (The quantities cannot be predefined, and are only reported during production)
Reporting co-products, adding additional products to stock
Additional products can be reported in several places:
- Co-products are added to stock when these are reported by workers in My production plan or in the Internet-kiosk when they pause or finish a production operation. The software will ask the quantities of products and additional products that have been processed.
- Also, co-products can be reported in the manufacturing operation details. Read: How to edit an operation in a Manufacturing Order?
The cost of the additional products
The cost of the additional products created is 0.