Product group details
The Product group details page allows defining new, editing, or deleting product groups.
All product groups are displayed at Stock -> Stock settings -> Product groups.
For entering a new product group:
- Go to Stock -> Stock settings -> Product groups and click Create Create.
Or click Add a new group from any product group choice menu.
- Enter the name.
- To edit the number, change the automatically assigned product group number, and click Save.
To select a specific account, where the inventory items cost will be posted in MRPeasy accounting, for items in the group, select the account in the product group's settings:
- Go to Stock -> Stock settings -> Product groups.
- Open the product group.
- Edit the Inventory account.
What is a product group? How to make the best use of product groups?
As the name says, a "product group" is a group of products. Products can be grouped in a myriad of ways, e.g. by raw materials, sub-assemblies, finished goods, or by certain products, etc.
- The main purpose is helping to filter the list of articles in a logical manner. Define the groups in a way that makes sense in your company, so that people can understand what they are looking for and can find it faster.
- The secondary purpose is defining groups with respect to accounting codes, which would save the accountant's time who could have special reporting responsibilities. E.g. there could be several packaging groups "Packaging - Plastic" - code 50001, "Packaging - Carton" - code 50002, so the stock movement report could be filtered by code "5000" to find all packaging movements, or by specific groups for more detail.