Shopify is a powerful e-commerce platform. Shopify and MRPeasy work seamlessly together so that sales and shipments are done in Shopify and products are manufactured, materials are handled, production is planned, and purchasing managed in MRPeasy.
- How to set up the integration between MRPeasy and Shopify?
- Tips for filtering orders in Shopify.
- How does the integration between MRPeasy and Shopify work?
- How to post an order from Shopify to MRPeasy?
- How are products booked for order in MRPeasy?
- How to know if an order is ready for fulfillment in Shopify?
- How to ship the products and deduct inventory from MRPeasy?
- Support for integration.
The integration between MRPeasy and Shopify works as follows:
- A sales order from Shopify is posted to MRPeasy.
- Available items are automatically booked for the order in MRPeasy.
If items are not available, then some manual action is necessary. Read: How to check stock and book the products for the Customer Order?
- Once items become available, the sales order in Shopify has added the tag Ready for shipment.
- Items are shipped in Shopify, and inventory is subtracted from MRPeasy.
The order from Shopify is posted to MRPeasy once it's been paid. As a result:
- it is imported to MRPeasy as a Customer Order at CRM -> Customer Orders.
- Tag In production is attached to the order in Shopify.
- The Shopify order number is copied to the Reference field in the MRPeasy Customer Order.
- Products are matched by the SKU field in Shopify and the Part Number field in MRPeasy.
- If some products must not be sent to MRPeasy (for example, a service), they must have no SKU value or an SKU that does not match any part number in MRPeasy.
- If the order has no products with matching SKUs, it is not imported to MRPeasy and the tag Ready for shipment is attached to the order.
MRPeasy is a highly accurate inventory management software, where specific products must be booked - i.e. reserved - for specific orders. (Read: What is a stock lot? How does lot/batch tracking work?)
When an order has been imported into MRPeasy from Shopify:
- The software tries to book products. Available products are booked immediately.
- If there are products which couldn't be automatically booked, then:
- the status of the parts of the Customer Order will be Not booked.
- To book these parts, please see the instructions: How to check stock and book products for a customer order?
(If items' have Min. stock value set, then these will already be displayed on the Critical On-hand report, which shows shortages.)
When all products are ready:
- The MRPeasy Customer Order’s status is changed to Ready for shipment.
- In Shopify, the tag In production is replaced with Ready for shipment in the order’s details, indicating that this order can be fully fulfilled.
For shipping the items:
- The order must be fulfilled (shipped) in Shopify
- As a result, a shipment is created in MRPeasy, and all items are automatically marked picked so that products are deducted from the inventory.
To set up the integration between Shopify and MRPeasy:
- Go to MRPeasy -> Settings -> System settings -> Integrations -> Shopify.
- Click the Connect to Shopify button.
- Fill in the required information:
- enter the store domain,
- select whether to import customer information or to use a generic customer,
- if the Enterprise functionality Multi-Stock and Production Sites is enabled, select the site for booking products.
- Click the Install app button.
Take note that after configuring the integration only new paid orders will be imported to MRPeasy, older orders will not be imported.
For privacy and data consistency reasons, it is advised to have customer information in one place only. That is, if a customer signs up in Shopify, better to have his contact details in Shopify only. In this case, MRPeasy will create one generic customer in MRPeasy CRM, and use it for all orders that are imported from Shopify.
Depending on your business specifics, you may want to import customer information from Shopify to MRPeasy. In this case, when configuring the integration between Shopify and MRPeasy, please select the option "Import customers". In this case, the customer's name and address will be imported to MRPeasy along with the order.
Please note that Shopify allows updating the shipping address after the order has been placed. In this case, MRPeasy tries to update the address in the customer's details in MRPeasy. Nevertheless, please check that addresses match in both systems.
We advise to create a custom search in Shopify to find ready for shipment orders faster:
- Go to Shopify -> Orders.
- Click Filter orders.
- Select a filter: Tagged with.
- Enter a tag Ready for shipment.
- Click the Add filter button.
- Click the Save this search button.
- Enter the name of the search: Ready for shipment.
- Save the custom search.
This makes possible finding ready for shipment orders with a single click.
The integration between Shopify and MRPeasy is maintained by MRPeasy. If you have technical questions about the integration, please turn to MRPeasy support.