Stock Section - For Stockkeeper
The Stock module gives the ability to:
- manage new and existing stock items, their lots (batches) and serial numbers,
- move items between storage locations (shelves, bins),
- create and report shipments to customers,
- transfer items between sites,
- perform inventory counts,
- see low inventory alerts,
- see stock history,
- create write-offs,
- see detailed financial stock balance movements.
The Stock section has the following sub-sections:
- Items - a detailed overview of all your stock items – both the parts and the finished products.
- Stock lots - a list of all stock lots (batches) that are either currently in stock or scheduled to arrive, plus the history of all stock lots in the system.
- Shipments - a list of all shipments to customers or subcontractors, both planned and shipped.
- Transfer Orders - a list of all transfer orders between warehouses. Available with the Multi-stock and Production Sites functionality.
- Inventory - a list of all items that are stored in the stock, and allows to update the inventory levels during a cycle count.
- Critical on-hand - a list of procured and manufactured items which are below their minimum available quantity and need re-ordering.
- Write-offs - a list of all products and parts that have been manually written off stock.
- Stock movement - financial report of on-hand stock balance and its detailed movements in any chosen period.
- Serial numbers - a list of all serial numbers of all parts. Available with the Serial Numbers functionality.
- Stock settings - settings of Product Groups, Units of Measurement, Storage Locations, Parameters, and Relations.
Demo video: Inventory management
Setting up items:
- Item's settings and parameters.
- Create a new item.
- Set up a procured item.
- Set up a manufactured item.
- Set up a kit of products, bundle, auto-assembly product.
- Set up a kit of parts, phantom (BOM) item.
- Set up an item with parameters (Matrix BOM).
- Set up a subcontracted item, that is produced by your vendor from your materials.
- Set up a non-inventory item.
- Copy an existing item, duplicate an item.
- Attaching files.
- Showing item attachments in Purchase Order PDFs.
- Displaying item icons on PDFs.
- Import items into MRPeasy.
- Enter initial inventory values into MRPeasy.
- Inventory numbers - in stock, available, expected...
- Calculate virtual stock.
- Check historical inventory levels.
- Enter cycle count results.
- Enter a new item quantity.
- What happens if the new quantity is greater? Or smaller?
- WIP (Work in Progress) values at Stock -> Inventory.
- Manually write off items from stock.
- Define custom write-off types.
- Report full or partial Purchase Order receipt.
- Low inventory alerts.
- Create a Purchase Term.
- Convert a vendor's unit of measurement.
- Enter pricing tiers for purchased items.
- How are Purchase Terms used to auto-fill POs?
- How are Purchase Terms used when estimating the cost of an out-of-stock item?
- Update Purchase Terms.
- Import Purchase Terms in bulk.
- Procurement FAQ.
Managing shipments to customers:
- Create a shipment.
- Book items for a shipment.
- Print a Waybill, Packing list, Picking list.
- Print labels for shipment.
- Report shipping.
- Shipment statuses.
Stock balance movements, financial information:
Stock lot traceability, batch inventory traceability:
- What is a stock lot?
- How does stock lot tracking work in MRPeasy?
- Perform incoming quality control.
- Print a stock lot label.
Serial number tracking:
- Demo video: Serial numbers
- Enable tracking of serial numbers for an item.
- Enter serial numbers of purchased items.
- Create serial numbers for manufactured items.
- Report serial numbers of used components.
- Print serial number labels.
- Ship serial numbered items to customers.
- Transfer serial numbered items to another warehouse.
- Accept customer returns of serial numbered products.
- Write off serial numbered items.
- Serial numbers statuses.
Storage locations and several sites-warehouses:
- Move items between internal storage locations.
- Transfer items from one warehouse to another.
- Transfer Order statuses.
- Prepare a transfer and print documents (Waybill, Picking list).
- Dispatch the items from one site and receive the items at another site.
- Add fees to a transfer order.
Units of measurement:
- Define a unit of measurement.
- Unit conversions from the main unit for use in BOMs and MOs.
- Convert a vendor's unit of measurement.
Jump to other FAQs: