Stock Section - For Stockkeeper
The Stock module gives the ability to:
- manage new and existing stock items, their lots (batches) and serial numbers,
- move items between storage locations (shelves, bins),
- create and report shipments to customers,
- transfer items between sites,
- perform inventory counts,
- see low inventory alerts,
- see stock history,
- create write-offs,
- see detailed financial stock balance movements.
The Stock section has the following sub-sections:
- Items - a detailed overview of all your stock items – both the parts and the finished products.
- Stock lots - a list of all stock lots (batches) that are either currently in stock or scheduled to arrive, plus the history of all stock lots in the system.
- Shipments - a list of all shipments to customers or subcontractors, both planned and shipped.
- Transfer Orders - a list of all transfer orders between warehouses. Available with the Multi-stock and Production Sites functionality.
- Inventory - a list of all items that are stored in the stock, and allows to update the inventory levels during a cycle count.
- Critical on-hand - a list of procured and manufactured items which are below their minimum available quantity and need re-ordering.
- Write-offs - a list of all products and parts that have been manually written off stock.
- Stock movement - financial report of on-hand stock balance and its detailed movements in any chosen period.
- Serial numbers - a list of all serial numbers of all parts. Available with the Serial Numbers functionality.
- Stock settings - settings of Product Groups, Units of Measurement, Storage Locations, Parameters, and Relations.
Managing items and articles:
- What is a stock article, item, or an SKU?
- How to set up an item?
- How to copy an existing item?
- How to add a manufactured item?
- How to add a procured item?
- Kitting: how to set up kits, bundles, auto-assembly products?
- How to add a product with parameters (Matrix BOM)?
- How to set up products that are ordered from subcontractors?
- How to track stock lots (batches) of an item?
- How to track the serial numbers of an item?
- How to import the list of articles into MRPeasy?
- What is a product group?
- How to attach files, images, or icons to the item?
- How to configure item icons and automatically attaching files to Purchase Orders?
- How to find the BOMs where a part is used in ("Where used" / "Engagement" report)?
- How to read the inventory numbers - in stock, available, expected...?
- How to check historical inventory levels?
- How to enter cycle counts?
- How to enter a new item quantity?
- What happens if the new quantity is greater? Or smaller?
- What do the WIP (Work in Progress) values show?
- How to enter initial inventory values into MRPeasy?
- How to manually write items off stock?
- How to define custom write-off types?
- How to report receiving purchased items, incl. partial delivery?
- How to see low inventory alerts?
- Procurement FAQ.
Managing shipments to customers:
- Where can I create Shipments?
- How to make a shipment?
- How to print a Waybill, a Picking list?
- How to report shipping?
- How to track shipped serial numbers?
- What are the Shipment statuses?
- How to edit the layout of the Waybill?
Stock balance movements, financial information:
- How is the item cost calculated?
- How to check the source of an item's displayed cost?
- How to see the stock financials, stock balance, and movements?
Stock lot traceability, batch inventory traceability:
- What is a stock lot?
- How does stock lot tracking work in MRPeasy?
- How to perform quality control?
- How to print a stock lot label?
Serial number tracking:
- How to track serial numbers?
- How to save serial numbers to parts?
- What do the serial numbers statuses indicate?
- How to record serial numbers when receiving purchase orders?
- How to record serial numbers in manufacturing - for parts and products?
- How to write off serial numbered items?
- How to transfer serial numbered items to another warehouse?
- How to ship serial numbered items to customers?
- How to accept customer returns of serial numbered products?
Storage locations and several sites-warehouses:
- How to move items between internal storage locations?
- What do Transfer Order statuses show?
- How to transfer items from one warehouse to another?
- How to prepare a transfer and print documents (Waybill, Picking list)?
- How to dispatch the items from one site?
- How to receive the items at another site?
- How to add transportation fees and other costs to transfer orders?
Units of measurement:
- What is a unit of measurement?
- How to convert a vendor's unit of measurement?
- How to define a unit of measurement?
- How to define a unit conversion?
Jump to other FAQs: