Procurement Section - For Buyer
The Procurement module gives the ability to:
- manage purchase orders (POs),
- manage vendors,
- make procurement forecasts,
- perform quality inspection of incoming goods,
- see low inventory alerts,
- see material demand in manufacturing or sales.
The Procurement section has the following sub-sections:
- Purchase Orders - a list of all the purchase orders to your vendors and subcontractors.
- Vendors - a list of all vendors and subcontractors.
- Forecasting - a list of procurement forecasts, which can be calculated based on a sales forecast of products.
- Inspections - a list of pending inspections (all stock lots that have been received into stock and need to be inspected) and performed inspections. Available with Return Merchandise Authorization and Quality Control functionality.
- Critical on-hand - a list of procured items which are below their minimum available quantity and need re-ordering.
- Requirements - a list of all the purchasable components that are required for customer orders or manufacturing orders but have not been booked.
Demo video: Purchasing Management
Purchasing, Purchase Orders:
- Send a Purchase Order.
- Send a Request For Quote (RFQ).
- Receiving items, partial delivery. Undo receipt.
- Purchase orders to subcontractors.
- Purchase Order status.
- Auto-fill Purchase Order.
- Discounts, taxes, additional fees.
- PO delivery schedule.
- Foreign currency.
- Import a Purchase Order.
- Approve a Purchase Order.
- Attach files.
- Automatically attach item files to Purchase Orders.
- Edit document PDFs.
- Troubleshooting Purchase Orders.
Managing the vendors of an item:
- Purchase Terms.
- Convert a vendor's unit of measurement.
- Pricing tiers.
- How are Purchase Terms used to auto-fill POs?
- How are Purchase Terms used when estimating the cost of an out-of-stock item?
- Update Purchase Terms.
- Import Purchase Terms.
Material traceability and handling:
- Batch and serial numbers.
- Free issue stock to subcontractors.
- Quality control of received items.
- Processing rejected items which failed quality control.
- Inspecting customer returns.
- Low inventory alerts.
- Estimate costs and lead time for a customer order.
- Book products for a customer order and create demand for items.
- Schedule Manufacturing Orders.
- What is a procurement forecast? How does it work?.
- Create a procurement forecast.
- Create manufacturing and purchase orders from a forecast.
- Consider or ignore available materials in a forecast.
- Multi-site forecasting.
- Tips for using the forecast.
- Vendor contact information.
- Vendor's currency.
- Default payment period.
- Documents in another language.
- Import vendors.
- Import purchase terms.
Jump to other FAQs: