Revision/Version Control System (VCS)
The Revision control system allows keeping track of all changes made to Bills of Materials (BOMs) and Routings.
This functionality can be turned on at Settings -> System settings -> Enterprise functions -> Version control system.
If this is turned on, then:
- Every update to a BOM or a Routing creates a new revision of the document.
- On the BOM and Routing details pages, there is the list of previous versions, with the Created date, Notes, and User information.
- It is possible to restore a previous version of the BOM or the Routing.
- It is possible to view a PDF of the previous version.
- It is possible to edit notes. In the Edit mode, move the mouse over the notes, and edit them.
- In the BOM and Routing subsections of Production Planning, in part Versions it is possible to search by number, date period, name, user created, and notes.