Multiple Stocks and Production Sites
The Multiple stock and production sites functionality allows managing multiple physical stocks and/or production sites at different geographical locations.
- Demo video: Multiple stocks and production sites.
- Enabling the multiple sites functionality.
- User access rights.
- Deleting a site.
This functionality can be turned on at Settings -> System settings -> Enterprise functions -> Multiple stocks and production sites.
The following software sections become available:
- The Settings -> Production sites/Stocks page, where it is possible to define the different sites and their addresses.
- The Stock -> Transfer Orders page becomes available, where it is possible to make shipments between locations, print waybills, etc.
In the Stock section:
- In all functions and reports, a particular stock/site can be selected, or an overview of all sites can be seen.
- Reorder point value for an item can be defined for each stock.
- A default storage location (bin) for an item at every stock should be defined.
In the Procurement section:
- When creating a purchase order, a site must be selected for each line.
- Items on one PO can be ordered to different sites.
- The "Ship To" address of the site is printed on the PO PDF.
In the Production planning section:
- A production site can be selected in different functions and reports.
- A production site must be chosen when planning new manufacturing orders. The products will become available at this site and materials can only be booked from this site.
- A production site needs to be selected for every workstation. One workstation can be on one site - each site has separate workstations. One workstation group can have workstations on several sites.
In the CRM section:
- When booking goods for a customer order, a site needs to be chosen.
For adding stocks/production sites (in Settings -> Production sites/Stocks), or creating Transfer Orders, the user needs to have appropriate rights set in Settings -> Human Resources -> User rights.
Sites can be deleted at Settings -> Production sites/Stocks.
The first site/stock (displayed in italic font) cannot be deleted.
A site can be deleted when:
- The inventory levels are 0 at that site. There is no stock.
- Workstations are removed from the site.
It is possible to find and restore a deleted site:
- Go to Settings -> Production sites/Stocks.
- Deleted sites are hidden by default. Search for the deleted site by its name.
- Open its details.
- Click "Restore".