The Approval system functionality gives the manager the ability to approve a document before it can be processed further.
When a document is approved
- the timestamp and the user who approved the document is saved in the document,
- the order can be processed further.
- The Approval System functionality can be enabled at Settings -> System settings -> Enterprise settings -> Order Approval System: Yes.
- For being able to approve documents, the user must have corresponding "This user can approve ..." rights enabled at Settings -> Human Resources -> Users -> The user’s details.
- Boxes "Pending approval ..." are visible in the Dashboard, when enabled.
The following documents can require the approval now:
- Purchase Orders;
- Manufacturing Orders.
Approving Purchase Orders
- When a new purchase order (PO) is created, and yet unapproved, its status is New.
- Before approval, the button Send PO is disabled.
- Once the PO is approved, the status is changed to Approved.
- Approved purchase orders can be ordered from vendors.
- After the PO is approved and before it is ordered, the approval can be revoked. Then the status is changed back to New.
Approving Manufacturing Orders
- When a new manufacturing order (MO) is created, and yet unapproved, its’ status is New.
- Before approval, it is hidden from the worker at My Production Plan and Internet-kiosk.
- Once the MO is approved, the status is changed to Scheduled.
- Until the MO is started, the approval can be revoked. Then the status is changed back to New.