Storage Location Details
The storage location details page allows defining new, editing, or deleting an existing storage location.
A storage location is a location inside one warehouse, e.g. an area, a bin, or a shelf.
For adding a storage location:
- Go to Stock -> Stock settings -> Storage locations and click Create Create.
Or click Add a new storage location from any storage location choice menu.
- Enter the name of the storage location.
- Tips and tricks.
- How to move items between internal storage locations?
- How to transfer items to another warehouse?
- How to print a storage location label?
- Different pieces of one article can be in different locations at one time. An item's default storage location can be set in the item's details.
- Location number one cannot be deleted (displayed in italic), this is the default generic stock location. It can be renamed from this screen, or from Settings -> System settings -> Regional settings -> Generic name of an undefined place in the stock.
- If you need to use different warehouses, then the Multi-stock and Production Sites functionality must be used.
It is possible to print labels to identify storage locations. The labels for storage locations can be printed by clicking Print label at
- the Stock -> Stock settings -> Storage locations page,
- the Stock -> Stock settings -> Storage locations -> particular storage location details page.
The standard label contains the following information:
- storage location name;
- the unique storage location barcode, if the Enterprise function Barcodes is turned ON.
The label's width is 3.55" (90 mm). The height is 0.6" (15 mm) without the barcode and 1" (25 mm) with the barcode.
For editing a layout of the label use Label editor.
Read also: What happens when a barcode is scanned?