Stock Section - For Stockkeeper
The Stock module gives the ability to:
- manage new and existing stock items, their lots (batches) and serial numbers,
- move items between storage locations (shelves, bins),
- create and report shipments to customers,
- transfer items between sites,
- perform inventory counts,
- see low inventory alerts,
- see stock history,
- create write-offs,
- see detailed financial stock balance movements.
The Stock section has the following sub-sections:
- Items - a detailed overview of all your stock items – both the parts and the finished products.
- Stock lots - a list of all stock lots (batches) that are either currently in stock or scheduled to arrive, plus the history of all stock lots in the system.
- Shipments - a list of all shipments to customers or subcontractors, both planned and shipped.
- Transfer Orders - a list of all transfer orders between warehouses. Available with the Multi-stock and Production Sites functionality.
- Inventory - a list of all items that are stored in the stock, and allows to update the inventory levels during a cycle count.
- Critical on-hand - a list of procured and manufactured items which are below their minimum available quantity and need re-ordering.
- Write-offs - a list of all products and parts that have been manually written off stock.
- Stock movement - financial report of on-hand stock balance and its detailed movements in any chosen period.
- Serial numbers - a list of all serial numbers of all parts. Available with the Serial Numbers functionality.
- Stock settings - settings of Product Groups, Units of Measurement, Storage Locations, Parameters, and Relations.
Stock - Frequently Asked Questions
Demo video: Inventory management
Setting up items:
- Item's settings and parameters.
- Create a new item.
- A procured item.
- A manufactured item.
- Make-To-Order bespoke manufacturing.
- A kit of products to be packed, bundle, auto-assembly product.
- A kit of parts to be assembled/kitted, phantom (BOM) item.
- A process for disassembling a product that you manufacture.
- A material that is cut into pieces, or a procured kit to be disassembled.
- An item with parameters (Matrix BOM).
- A subcontracted item, that is produced by your vendor from your materials.
- A non-inventory item.
- Copy an existing item, duplicate an item.
- Attaching files.
- Showing item attachments in Purchase Order PDFs.
- Displaying item icons.
- Importing items into MRPeasy.
Units of measurement:
- Define a unit of measurement.
- Unit conversions from the main unit for use in BOMs and MOs.
- Convert a vendor's unit of measurement.
Inventory levels and financials:
- Starting inventory values.
- Reading inventory numbers - in stock, available, expected...
- Item cost.
- Stock financials, stock balance, and movements.
- Virtual stock.
- Historical inventory levels.
- Cycle count.
- Write offs.
Storage locations and several sites-warehouses:
- Creating Shipments.
- Picking and shipping.
- Waybill, a Picking list, a Packing list.
- Shipped serial numbers.
- Shipment statuses.
- Edit document PDFs.
Stock lot traceability, batch inventory traceability, serial numbers tracking, quality:
- What is a stock lot?
- How does stock lot tracking work in MRPeasy?
- Incoming quality control.
- Print a stock lot label.
- Demo video: Serial numbers
- Serial numbers tracking.
Jump to other FAQs: