BigCommerce is a powerful e-commerce platform. BigCommerce and MRPeasy work seamlessly together so that sales are done in BigCommerce and products are manufactured, materials are handled, production is planned, and purchasing managed in MRPeasy.
- Synchronization of orders.
- Setting up the integration.
- Setting up products in MRPeasy.
- Connect several BigCommerce stores.
- Support for integration.
The synchronization of orders works as follows:
- A sales order from BigCommerce is posted to MRPeasy as a Customer Order (CO).
- Available items are automatically booked for the order in MRPeasy.
If items are not available or ready, the note "In production" is added to the sales order in BigCommerce.
- Once items are in stock, the status of the sales order in BigCommerce becomes "Awaiting shipment". Also, a note is added to the order.
- Shipment can be reported in BigCommerce or MRPeasy, and it will be synced to the other system.
- Post an order from BigCommerce to MRPeasy.
- Book products in MRPeasy.
- Ready for shipment notification.
- Shipping the products.
The order from BigCommerce is posted to MRPeasy:
- Once it's been paid,
- If it has matching products in MRPeasy.
As a result:
- It is imported to MRPeasy as a Customer Order at CRM -> Customer Orders.
- The note "In production" is added to the order in BigCommerce.
- The BigCommerce order number is copied to the "Reference field" in the MRPeasy Customer Order.
If the order has no products with matching products in MRPeasy:
- It is not imported to MRPeasy.
- A note is attached to the order.
When an order has been imported into MRPeasy, then in MRPeasy:
- The software tries to book products. Available products are booked immediately.
- If there are products that are not available in stock, then inventory levels need to be refilled and the bookings completed. Instructions: Book products to the customer order.
Such orders can be easily found by the statuses:
- The Customer Order status will be "Confirmed".
- The Product status will be "Not booked".
- In MRPeasy specific products must be booked - i.e. reserved - for specific orders. (Demo video: Inventory management in MRPeasy.)
When all products are ready:
- The MRPeasy Customer Order’s status is changed to "Ready for shipment".
- In BigCommerce, the order status is changed to "Awaiting shipment", and the note "Ready for shipment" is added in the order’s details, indicating that this order can be fully fulfilled.
For shipping the items, there are two alternative options:
- Create a shipment in MRPeasy and pick all items. If the shipment contains items from one customer order, then the shipment will be posted to BigCommerce. When the tracking information is updated in MRPeasy, it will be posted to BigCommerce.
When the order is fully shipped in MRPeasy, the status of the order in BigCommerce will be changed to "Shipped".
- Change the status of the order to "Shipped" in BigCommerce. A shipment will be created in MRPeasy, and all items will be automatically marked picked so that products are deducted from the inventory.
To set up the integration between BigCommerce and MRPeasy:
- Go to https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/MRPeasy/ and click Get This App.
- Sign up or sign in to your MRPeasy account.
- Fill in the required information:
- Select whether to import customer information or to use a generic customer.
- If you do not import customer information, optionally, select to import shipping address only.
- If the Enterprise functionality "Multi-Stock and Production Sites" is enabled, select the site for booking products.
- Click the Save button.
- Set up products in MRPeasy.
- Optionally, add another BigCommerce store.
For privacy and data consistency reasons, it is advised to have customer information in one place only. That is, if a customer signs up in BigCommerce, better to have his contact details in BigCommerce only. In this case, MRPeasy will create one generic customer in MRPeasy CRM, and use it for all orders that are imported from BigCommerce.
Depending on your business specifics, you may want to import customer information from BigCommerce to MRPeasy, or not.
If you use a generic customer, it is optionally possible to only import the shipping address.
To import customer information from BigCommerce to MRPeasy:
- Go to Settings -> System settings -> Integrations -> BigCommerce.
- Configure the integration between BigCommerce and MRPeasy.
- Select the option "Import customers".
- Now, the customer's name and address will be imported to MRPeasy along with the order.
To use a generic customer and only import the shipping address, during integration setup:
- Do not choose the option "Import customers".
- Select the option "Import shipping address".
- Now, when importing an order, the shipping address is imported, saved in the generic customer’s details, and selected in CO.
Please note that BigCommerce allows updating the shipping address after the order has been placed. In this case, MRPeasy tries to update the address in the customer's details in MRPeasy. Nevertheless, please check that addresses match in both systems.
Products must be set up in MRPeasy and BigCommerce separately.
The SKU field in BigCommerce must match the Part Number field in MRPeasy. Otherwise, the order of the product will not be imported to MRPeasy.
- Demo video: Inventory management in MRPeasy.
- Demo video: Setting up procured items.
- Demo video: Setting up manufactured items.
- Demo video: Setting up inventory levels.
- Setting up new items.
- Import items.
- Enter initial inventory values.
It is possible to integrate multiple BigCommerce stores with MRPeasy.
To do that:
- Please go to Settings -> System Settings -> Integrations.
- At the BigCommerce section, click the "+" button to add an additional BigCommerce store.
The integration between BigCommerce and MRPeasy is maintained by MRPeasy. If you have any technical questions about the integration, please turn to MRPeasy support.