The Stock -> Stock settings -> Storage locations shows the list of all storage locations in the stock, in the warehouses. Here you can edit and create new storage locations.
There is a two-level system in MRPeasy for tracking the physical location of the goods:
- Storage locations represent bins, shelves, racks, storage areas, or separate rooms inside one warehouse/site.
- For a hierarchy inside storage locations, e.g. a bin location within a room, name the storage locations appropriately: "Room 1, A1", "Room 2, A1"
- Sites represent geographically separated production sites or warehouses.
- Each site has separate inventory management and its own storage locations, workstations, etc.
- Goods can only be moved from one site to another with a Transfer Order. They cannot be directly booked or consumed from another site but must be moved first.
- Generally, warehouses within one complex should not be considered separate sites inside MRPeasy.
- Available with the Multiple Stocks and Production Sites functionality.
- Tips and tricks.
- The default storage location.
- Move items between storage locations.
- Putaway of received purchased goods, registering storage locations.
- Print storage location labels.
- Transfer items to another warehouse.
- Click Create to add a new storage location.
- Location number one cannot be deleted (displayed in italic), this is the default generic undefined (unknown) location.
- Click Print label to print labels for storage locations. Labels are printed with barcodes if the Barcode System is turned on.
- An item's default location is set by its "Default storage location" setting (defined in the item details page).
- If it is undefined, it will be the first location, displayed in italic, in the list of Storage locations.
- This is the 'undefined' location. I.e. the location has not been reported in MRPeasy, it is unknown.
- It can be renamed there, or in the Regional settings.
The labels for storage locations can be printed by clicking the Print label button at the Stock -> Stock settings -> Storage locations page.
The size, information, and layout of the label can be edited with the Label editor.
The standard label contains the unique stock lot barcode if the Barcode System functionality is enabled.
Read also: What happens when a barcode is scanned?