The Stock -> Stock settings -> Storage locations shows the list of all storage locations in the stock, in the warehouses.
There is a two-level system in MRPeasy for tracking the physical location of the goods:
- Storage locations represent bins, shelves, racks, storage areas, or separate rooms inside one warehouse/site.
- Available by default.
- For a hierarchy inside storage locations, e.g. a bin location within a room, name the storage locations appropriately: "Room 1, A1", "Room 2, A1".
- Each item has a default storage location, where it will be automatically placed to.
- Different units of the same item can be in various storage locations.
- Sites represent geographically separated production sites or warehouses.
- Available with the Multiple Stocks and Production Sites functionality.
- Each site has separate inventory management and its own storage locations, workstations, etc.
- Purchases are ordered to specific sites.
- Customer orders are fulfilled from specific sites.
- Each site has its own (site-specific) workstations.
- Goods can be moved from one site to another with a Transfer Order. They cannot be directly booked or consumed from another site but must be moved first.
- Generally, warehouses within one complex should not be set up as separate sites inside MRPeasy.
- The default storage location.
- Move items to another storage location.
- Putaway of received purchased goods, registering storage locations.
- Print storage location labels.
- Transfer items to another warehouse.
- Location number one cannot be deleted (displayed in italic), this is the default generic undefined (unknown) location.
- An item's default location is set by its "Default storage location" setting (defined in the item details page).
- If it is undefined, it will be the first location, displayed in italic, in the list of Storage locations.
- This is the 'undefined' location. I.e. the location has not been reported in MRPeasy, it is unknown.
- It can be renamed there, or in the Regional settings.
The labels for storage locations can be printed by clicking the Print label button at the Stock -> Stock settings -> Storage locations page.
The size, information, and layout of the label can be edited with the Label editor.
The standard label contains the unique stock lot barcode if the Barcode System functionality is enabled.