Under Settings -> Database maintenance it is possible to:
- Download a database backup.
- Restore a database backup.
- Archive old data.
- Partially clear or fully empty the database.
You can download your database backup file in order to have a copy of it on your computer. It is advised to do this at least once a month.
You can upload the database backup file to restore your data.
- The file should not be older than 30 days.
- It has to be downloaded from the same account it is restored to (it is not possible to upload a backup file from one account to another account).
- It should be not edited in any way.
- Your current database will be erased during upload and replaced with the data from the backup file. It is advised to download a new backup file before uploading an older backup.
- All users will be signed out during the restoration.
Attention! The MRPeasy database backup file can be used/read in the MRPeasy only. Please do not try to open and edit it in any other program.
It is possible to archive older data, which has not been used for the last 1, 1.5, or 2 years in bulk at Settings -> Database Maintenance -> Archive old data.
Archived objects are not deleted completely. These are normally hidden but can be found at any time.
The following objects are archived:
1. Archiving of items, bills of materials, and routings
Stock items can be archived along with their bills of materials and routings. BOMs and routings that belong to archived products are also archived.
- items can be found at Stock -> Items by searching for the part number.
- BOMs can be found at Production planning -> BOM by searching for the BOM number.
- routings can be found at Production planning -> Routings by searching for the routing number.
Also, these archived objects receive a "-del" suffix to their number, so these could be easily looked up by it.
Archived items, BOMs, and routings can be restored:
- Find it.
- Open it.
- Click the Restore button.
2. Archiving of orders
The following orders are archived:
- Customer orders: in statuses Shipped and Invoiced, and Delivered.
- Purchase orders: in status Received.
- Manufacturing orders: in statuses Done, Shipped, and Closed.
- Service orders: in status Done, Shipped, and Closed.
- RMA orders: in statuses Shipped and Invoiced, and Delivered
Archived orders receive status Archived.
Orders in status Archived can be found by this status, but they aren’t shown in the general list.
There are two options for emptying the database:
- Empty the database
- Delete all data (except users and settings).
- Numbering formats will be reset.
- Delete orders and stock
- Delete all orders (MO, CO, PO, RMA, SO) and inventory levels.
- The so-called seed or master data will remain - items, customers, vendors, BOMs, routings, workstations, etc.
- Numbering formats will not be reset.