Under Settings -> Database maintenance it is possible to:
- Download a database backup.
- Restore a database backup.
- Archive old data.
- Partially clear or fully empty the database.
- Required user access rights.
Database backup and restoration
You can download your database backup file in order to have a copy of it on your computer. It is advised to do this at least once a month.
You can upload the database backup file to restore your data. The valid backup file is the following:
- The file is not older than 30 days.
- It is downloaded from the same account it is restored to (it is not possible to upload a backup file from one account to another account).
- It is not edited in any way.
Your current database will be erased during upload and replaced with the data from the backup file. It is advised to download a new backup file before uploading an older backup.
All users will be signed out during the restoration.
Attention! The MRPeasy database backup file can be used/read in the MRPeasy only. Please do not try to open and edit it in other programs.
Archiving old data
It is possible to archive older data, which has not been used for the last 6 months, 1, 1.5, or 2 years in bulk at Settings -> Database Maintenance -> Archive old data.
Archived objects are not deleted completely. These are normally hidden but can be found at any time.
The following objects are archived:
- Items, bills of materials, and routings.
- Customer Orders, Purchase Orders, Manufacturing Orders, Service Orders, and RMA Orders.
1. Archiving items, bills of materials, and routings
Stock items can be archived along with their bills of materials and routings. BOMs and routings that belong to archived products are also archived.
- items can be found at Stock -> Items by searching for the part number.
- BOMs can be found at Production planning -> BOM by searching for the BOM number.
- routings can be found at Production planning -> Routings by searching for the routing number.
Archived items, BOMs, and routings can be restored:
- Find it.
- Open it.
- Click the Restore button.
2. Archiving orders
The following orders are archived:
- Customer orders: in statuses Shipped and Invoiced, and Delivered.
- Purchase orders: in status Received.
- Manufacturing orders: in statuses Done, Shipped, and Closed.
- Service orders: in status Done, Shipped, and Closed.
- RMA orders: in statuses Shipped and Invoiced, and Delivered
Archived orders get the status Archived.
Orders with the status Archived can be found by this status, but these aren’t shown in the general list.
Emptying the database
There are two options for emptying the database:
- Empty the database
- Delete all data (except users, settings, and sites).
- Numbering formats will be reset.
- Delete orders and stock
- Delete all orders (MO, CO, PO, RMA, SO) and inventory levels.
- The so-called seed or master data will remain - items, customers, vendors, BOMs, routings, workstations, etc.
- Numbering formats will not be reset.
It is advised to download a new backup file before any deletion!
User access rights for database operations
Required user access rights:
- To download a database backup the user must have Read right for the Settings -> Database maintenance section.
- To restore a database backup, archive data, or empty the database the user must have Read and Update rights for the Settings -> Database maintenance section.