The Procurement -> Critical on-hand page shows procured items for which the available quantity is below their Reorder Point (ROP), and need re-ordering.
For an item to show up on this report, its Reorder point parameter needs to be set, even 0.
For creating a Purchase Order:
- Click on the Create a purchase order Create a purchase order button on an item's line.
- All other below minimum items from the same vendor are automatically added to the same PO.*
- All PO details are automatically filled, including price, minimum order quantity, and expected delivery date.*
- *For the automatic grouping and Purchase Order pre-population to work, the Purchase Terms must be saved for the items.
- Update any details of the PO, e.g. add, remove or edit the line items.
- Save to create the PO.
- When the Purchase Order is saved, all the ordered items are automatically booked to where these are required -> Customer or Manufacturing Orders (following the FIFO principle).