The invoice details page, accessible from a Customer Order or CRM -> Invoices, displays all the details of an invoice, a credit-invoice, a prepayment invoice, a quotation, a pro-forma invoice, or an order confirmation.
This page allows:
- creating a document - invoice, credit-invoice, prepayment invoice, quotation, proforma-invoice, order confirmation;
- tracking the status of the document,
- tracking payments,
- entering products, non-inventory items, and free-text lines,
- defining discounts and taxes,
- downloading the PDF or Excel file,
- sending the document to the customer.
- How to print the document?
- How to send the document?
- How to record payments?
- How to issue a prepayment invoice and use prepayments?
- How to issue a credit-invoice and receive returned products?
- How to set different tax rates?
- How to send an invoice, a quotation, a prepayment invoice, an order confirmation, a credit-invoice, or a pro-forma invoice?
- How to invoice a shipment?
- How to add my company logo on documents?
- How to choose which company details are printed on documents?
- How to edit the invoice layout?
- How to add footers to documents(e.g. terms and conditions)?
- How to display images of products on invoices, quotations, and order confirmations?
The documents can be printed to PDF in two versions
- PDF for the customer - a document for the customer. This includes your company logo and details.
- PDF - an internal document.
The Send e-mail button opens a new e-mail in your default e-mail client with pre-populated text to the customer together with a URL to the document.
Payments can be recorded as they are received. The payment status is updated automatically according to the total sum of payments recorded in the Payments section of the Invoice.
It's possible to check the payment status on the CRM -> Customer Orders and CRM -> Invoices pages.
To enter a payment:
- Go to CRM -> Invoices, and open the document.
- Scroll to Payments section.
- Click Create.
- Fill in the details.
MRPeasy allows requiring and receiving prepayments for customer orders.
To issue a prepayment invoice to a customer:
- Create an invoice.
- Choose a customer order.
- Choose type Prepayment invoice.
- Enter the Prepayment sum, which the customer should pay.
- In accounting, prepayments credit the Customer prepayments liability account, not the Sales revenue account.
To allocate the prepayment (deposit) to an invoice:
- Create an invoice (final invoice, tax invoice), and select the customer order.
- The software will show the prepaid amount. It is possible to change the allocated amount.
- In accounting, Customer prepayments will be debited, and Sales will be credited.
- Attention! If for any reason you do not want to send one more (final) invoice to your customer, then use a regular invoice even in case if you are asking for prepayment.
To return a prepayment to a customer:
- Create a credit-invoice, and select the customer order.
- The software will show the unallocated prepaid amount of the customer order, which you can return.
If the MRPeasy Standard accounting module is enabled:
- Create the Customer prepayments liability account at Accounting -> Chart of accounts,
- and mark it as the default account for "customer prepayments".
For making a credit-invoice:
- Create an invoice.
- Choose a customer. Optionally, choose a Customer Order.
- Choose type Credit-invoice.
- Fill in the details. Enter prices with a positive number.
For making a credit-invoice and receiving shipped items back into inventory, there are several ways:
- Create an RMA-order to issue a credit-invoice and receive the products back. Available, if the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) is enabled.
- Open the customer order and create a new invoice with the Type "Credit-invoice". Then take the product manually back to stock, for example by creating a new stock lot.
- Create a new purchase order and buy the product back from the customer.
By default, there is a common tax rate for all line of the invoice. If it is needed to have different tax rates for products, turn on Different Tax Rates at Settings -> System settings -> Software settings -> Different Tax Rates: Yes. Then it will be possible to set a separate tax for every product in the invoice.