The Settings -> System settings -> Additional currencies page allows defining additional currencies and their exchange rates to the system’s base currency.
- Please note – the system uses only one base currency in stock, and to which the additional currencies relate to. The base currency is defined at Settings -> System settings -> Regional settings -> Currency sign.
- The idea of different currencies is to display them on purchasing/sales documents – Purchase order (PO), Customer orders (CO), and Invoice/Quotation/etc.
- It is also possible to set default currencies for customers and vendors.
- The price of every lot in the stock is displayed in the base currency. Even if a different currency is used when making a PO, the stock lot will still be displayed in the base currency, taking into account its exchange rate.
- When creating a document, the currency exchange rate is taken from the list of additional currencies. It is possible to change the rate in the particular document after.
MRPeasy can update currency rates automatically each night. To enable this functionality, please change the value of the Settings -> System Settings -> Software settings -> Update currency rates to Yes.
This function requires that all currencies are defined as 3-letter codes according to the international standards (USD, GBP, AUD, EUR, etc.). See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_4217
The provider of the real-time rates is Openexchangerates.org. The rates are mid-market rates derived from the mid-point between the "buy" and "sell" transactional rates from global currency markets.