MRPeasy is a perfect fit for manufacturing and distribution companies with 10-200 employees.
Micro-companies, if they aren't in High-Tech, or have previous ERP/MRP system implementation experience, may lack the competence for the system installation.
Also, the use of such a complex system in a very small company may not give a satisfactory financial result and improve effectiveness.
Big companies may need a more integrated system, and additional functionality depending on the specific challenges they face.
In any case, we strongly recommend that you read and fulfill the Implementation Guidelines.
Implementation of MRP or ERP software is a complex project, regardless of the price of the software.
Depending on the size and scope of the implementation, the project can take from a month to a year.
Successful implementation depends largely on the quality of cooperation between supplier and buyer, but also largely on understanding the following rules of successful implementation:
- Implementation of manufacturing software is a serious project. The buyer must set up a project group, appoint its leader, and provide the necessary resources (mainly time) and authority. An implementation schedule must be defined and executed in cooperation with the supplier. The head of the company is not required to be the leader of the implementation project, but they must provide support and control.
- It is not practical to automate all at once. Such implementation would be very costly in every sense. The implementation project should be divided into reasonable steps, including separating the organizational activities from purely technical issues.
- The aim of the project should not be the automation of the existing order but improving the efficiency and control of production. During the implementation project, the company is able to streamline its business processes using best practices that allow the enterprise to be managed more effectively.
- It is reasonable for the final decision on implementation to be made based on the results of the test run. To test the software, it is recommended to allow the software to manage a part of the daily work – for example, to automate the production of orders from one customer.
Please see the general workflow chart here (PDF file):
The first thing to do is to take a test drive. Like you would, when you are purchasing a car.
If you haven't yet, upload the demo data in the section "Demo data and videos" and watch the videos which explain the basics. It will save you a lot of time.
Once you have done this, make sure to click on every button, to really understand how the system functions. It's not important to enter any of your data, just use the demo data to understand the logic.
Keep in mind, that you can always go back to section "Demo data and videos" to clear any changes you've made. You can clear all transactions, or start with the demo dataset once more, or delete the demo data and start with a fresh database.
Once you really understand, how the system behaves, only then you should start to experiment with your own real data.
You can clear your database in the software section Settings -> Database maintenance by choosing "Empty database" or "Delete all orders and stock".
Just deleting our generic demo data we do not provide in order to save data consistency.
Now, you should prepare a test task. The idea of the test task is to figure out how MRPeasy can solve the challenge(s) your company has.
The test task consists of three main parts:
- The objectives of testing.
E.g. "I need to know exactly what materials I need to purchase, and which are already available.".
- A detailed description of the situation.
E.g. "Customer A ordered 500 units of product X. 100 units of product X are in stock, 100 are in production. I need to schedule production for another 300 units to fill this order. I also need to order materials, since there is not enough in stock. The customer wants to know when can I deliver. How can I solve this situation?"
- The relevant and simplified* data.
E.g. What is the product, what materials it consists of, what steps at which stations are taken to produce it; what is the lead time for materials, who is the vendor etc.
The output of the test task is the procedure (or possibly multiple alternatives) for solving the core challenge(s). Based on this you will see how MRPeasy will benefit your company, and ultimately, how to integrate it into your daily operations.
* Why use simplified, but not real operational information yet?
- Firstly, to save extreme amounts of time. To figure out how to see purchase requirements, there is no need to simulate the production of a product with 200 parts. Just a few parts in the BOM will give the same answer with less clutter.
- Secondly, you should not get hung up on basic data entry, if the goal is to test a function. Plus, if you make an entry error, it's easy to quickly find it and fix it, if you have a few data points.
It is possible to enter everything manually into MRPeasy, once the information is needed and it comes in. Sometimes it will also make sense to upload information at once if you have a lot of it.
If you are uploading information for the first time, it's recommended to follow these steps.
- Import Vendors and their information.
- Set up Workstation Groups and Workstations.
- Import articles with their information, current stock quantity and cost. It is also possible to import one purchase term per article with article import.
- Import inventory levels, if skipped in step 3.
- For purchased goods, import Purchase Terms, if skipped in step 3, or have more than 1 per item.
- For produced items, import BOMs.
- For produced items, import Routings.
- Import Customers.
- Import Price lists.
Sample files for each import are available in the User Manual.
For sending documents (for example, PO) via e-mail by clicking the button "Send PO", your computer should have a default mail program set.
How to do that you can find by searching for "how to set default mail client" in any search engine.
In case of difficulties ask help from your local IT specialist.
Otherwise, save the document as a PDF file and attach it to e-mail.
Let's say when I create a MO, number "MO-00048" is assigned. If that was a mistake, I won't save it and cancel it. After, If I create a new MO, "MO-00049" will be assigned automatically. Is it possible that I get the previous number i.e. "MO-00048" but I never created that MO. Having MO in order will really help us. If some number is missing in between, we can know that the MO is missing.
Yes, this is how the software works. Each time a user starts to enter new data, a unique number is assigned. This guarantees that even if several users will start to add similar data at the same time, each entry will get a unique number and get saved.
For example, your account has 2 users. If one user starts to add an item (or any other entry), this item gets number A-00001. If the second user will start to add an item before the first user saves his item, the second item will get number A-00002, but not A-00001. But at the time the second user starts to add the item, it is not known whether the first user will save the item or cancel.
We already have a sandbox.
Just sign up for an account, and you can use it for free as long, as the free trial period is not ended.
We have many customers who use the parallel test account for various reasons:
- to try a new functionality,
- to training staff,
- to try new ways of working.
All the accounts are initially free, as usual, but after a free trial period, they are billed according to the current price list.
Your data is in great hands!
We have great backups!
Your connection is secure and always available!
MRPeasy is available in several American countries, Euro area, UK, Switzerland, Scandinavia, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore.
For the supported countries, we provide a set of various features: currency, etc.
We do not recommend to use MRPeasy if you are not from a supported country. You may meet technical difficulties, and we will not be able to help.
The list of supported countries can be changed from time to time.
Please pay attention to the requirement of the minimum number of full-time employees in your company for the successful deployment of MRPeasy. It is 10. If your company is smaller, then it may be difficult to realize the benefits the system is designed to deliver, and it might be hard to understand why or how the system behaves as it does.
To use the system effectively and realize most benefits, in total there must be at minimum 5-10 people (i.e. users) present in the software, the following roles must be represented: the salesperson, the stock manager, the production planner, the shop floor worker, the purchasing manager. Understanding how these roles perform together in the system might take some time and effort.
For more help:
- You can use all our support services, brought in Settings -> Support section of the program.
- You can turn to our Authorized Consultants (what is a more expensive way).
- You can turn to our User Manual, which has many step-by-step instructions.
However, you should understand, that it is impossible to consult you via support tickets to deploy the system in your company, especially if you do not have relevant experience with similar solutions. Since we do not know your company, we've never met you, we can only explain how our system works, but cannot say how you should organize your business processes and use MRP software. Hence, MRPeasy is self-service software.
MRPeasy is a software development company, our product is a self-service platform, where all clients use the same instance of cloud-based software.
Since we want to focus on building great software, we are unable to offer MRP/ERP implementation consultations.
Still, we are here to help with technical questions, we can explain and teach MRPeasy functionality, but we leave implementation services to local professionals in your area.
Implementation consultations can be provided by our independent partners - Authorized Consultants, under an agreement between you and them.
For more information please log in, and visit Settings -> Support.
MRPeasy is a complex software system, consists of more than a million lines of code. Even a small change contains up to fifteen stages and rarely takes less than four hours.
MRPeasy provides one software instance to all clients, so we add new functionality at our discretion. We cannot provide exclusivity on the customizations made. Even paid customization does not legally belong to the payer.
If you are interested in paid customization, submit a support ticket at Settings -> Support with the subject line "Customization request". Images can be attached.
We receive a considerable number of requests and proposals, so our technical department cannot provide quotations for customization to clients in the testing phase.
We charge US$ 150 (€130, £115) for a working hour. Projects are developed ASAP, but after a down payment is received. Quotes are valid for 14 days.
The price includes not only analysis, design, development, and testing but also the support of the customization made during the whole life of your account with our service.