QuickBooks Online is a powerful online accounting software that has localizations for many countries. MRPeasy focuses on manufacturing resource planning, reporting, inventory management, sales, and procurement. MRPeasy together with QuickBooks accounting creates a very powerful ERP system.
- The integration works fully automatically and synchronizes purchases, sales invoices and stock values/movements between the two systems.
- All inventory transactions must be performed in MRPeasy, the inventory levels (the piece counts) are only tracked in MRPeasy, and inventory valuation, WIP, COGS, etc. are posted to appropriate accounts in QBO.
- Items, customers, and vendors are posted together with Purchase Orders and Invoices. Posting happens within 5 minutes of creation, or instantly, if "Add to QuickBooks" button is clicked.
- Materials on Hand, Finished Goods, Payroll, Cost of Goods Sold, WIP, etc. are sent to QBO once per day, MRPeasy creates a manual journal entry in QBO.
- Purchase Orders can be posted to QBO as Bills or as Purchase Orders. (The "Invoice ID" must be entered for a PO for it to be posted to QBO.)
- Payments for POs are synchronized two-ways with QBO if POs are posted as Bills to QBO.
- Payments of Invoices are synchronized two-ways.
- How to configure the integration with QuickBooks Online?
- How to import items, customers, and vendors from QuickBooks Online?
- How does the integration work between MRPeasy and QuickBooks Online?
- When are synchronizations performed?
- How are new items, customers, and vendors posted to QuickBooks Online?
For setting up the MRPeasy and QuickBooks Online integration:
- Log in to MRPeasy.
- Navitage to Settings -> System settings -> Integrations.
- Click on Connect to QuickBooks.
- Choose the accounts for journals (see below).
- Choose how to synchronize Purchase Orders (see below).
During the setup phase, you will have to define the QuickBooks accounts to which MRPeasy would post relevant journal entries. If you are unsure, which accounts to choose, consult your accountant.
|Description of journal entry||QuickBooks account to post the journal entry (example)|
|Outgoing invoices (to customers)||Sales|
|Incoming invoices (from vendors)||Purchases|
|Raw materials stock journals||Materials on Hand|
|Work in progress journals||Work in Progress|
|Manufacturing overhead journals||Manufacturing Overheads|
|Finished goods stock journals||Finished Goods|
|Cost of goods sold journals||Cost of Goods Sold|
|Manual stock adjustment journals||Inventory Shrinkage|
|Additional costs due to transport between production sites||Transport Costs|
- Purchase Orders in QuickBooks Online,
- Bills in QuickBooks Online. Payments for purchases are synchronized only if purchase orders are posted to QuickBooks as bills.
It is possible to import stock items, customers, and vendors from QuickBooks to MRPeasy at MRPeasy -> Settings -> System settings -> Integrations -> QuickBooks. This will import new items. If some items were imported before, these will be skipped and not imported twice.
When an action is performed in MRPeasy, then to adjust accounts in QuickBooks, MRPeasy creates a manual journal entry with corresponding values for debit and credit accounts.
|#||Event||Reaction||QuickBooks Debit account||QuickBooks Credit account|
|1||A purchase order is created in MRPeasy and confirmed (an 'Invoice ID' is saved).||PO is sent from MRPeasy to QuickBooks*||'Purchases'||QuickBooks controlled (eg, Accounts Payable)|
|2||PO is paid.||Payments are synced between MRPeasy and QuickBooks two-ways**||QuickBooks controlled (eg, Accounts Payable)||'Bank'|
|3||PO is received in MRPeasy.||Accounts are updated in QuickBooks once per day***||'Materials on Hand'||'Purchases'|
|4.1||Parts are consumed in MRPeasy.||Accounts are updated in QuickBooks once per day***||'Work in Progress'||'Materials on Hand'|
|4.2||Manufacturing operation is started in MRPeasy.||Accounts are updated in QuickBooks once per day***||'Work in Progress'||'Manufacturing Overheads'|
|'Work in Progress'||'Payroll'|
|5||Manufacturing is finished in MRPeasy.||Accounts are updated in QuickBooks once per day***||'Finished Goods'||'Work in Progress'|
|6||An invoice is created in MRPeasy and confirmed (invoice is changed from 'Dummy' to 'Unpaid').||Invoice is sent from MRPeasy to QuickBooks*||QuickBooks controlled (eg, Accounts Receivable)||'Sales'|
|7||Invoice is paid.||Payments are synced between MRPeasy and QuickBooks two-ways**||'Bank'||QuickBooks controlled (eg, Accounts Receivable)|
|8||Goods are shipped in MRPeasy.||Accounts are updated in QuickBooks once per day***||'Cost of Goods Sold'||'Finished Goods'|
|Other inventory transactions|
|9||A manual stock lot is created in MRPeasy during the stock taking.||Accounts are updated in QuickBooks once per day***||'Materials on Hand' / 'Finished Goods'||'Inventory Shrinkage'|
|10||A manual write-off is created in MRPeasy during the stock taking.||Accounts are updated in QuickBooks once per day***||'Inventory Shrinkage'||'Materials on Hand' / 'Finished Goods'|
|11||A transfer order is made to move items between production sites, transport fee applied.||Accounts are updated in QuickBooks once per day***||'Materials on Hand' / 'Finished Goods'||'Transport Costs'|
- (*) Invoices and purchase orders are sent to QuickBooks once per 5 minutes. Alternatively, it is possible to send a particular document to QuickBooks immediately by clicking the button Add to QuickBooks at the document's details page.
- (**) Payments are synchronized along with invoices and purchase orders and during nightly synchronizations.
NB! Payments for purchases are synchronized only if purchase orders are posted to QuickBooks as bills.
- (***) Actions, that are made once per day, are performed during the night (usually between 1 A.M. and 3 A.M.). These can be run manually by clicking button Synchronize at Settings -> System settings -> Integration -> QuickBooks. Manual synchronization cannot be performed more often than once per 5 minutes.
- When posting invoices and purchase orders to QuickBooks, MRPeasy will create stock items, customers, and vendors in QuickBooks, if they do not exist.
- Stock items are matched by SKU in QuickBooks and Part Number in MRPeasy.
Posting Invoices to QBO:
- Invoice is not posted to QBO:
- MRPeasy only posts invoices in statuses 'Unpaid', 'Paid partially' or 'Paid'; and types 'Invoice' or 'Credit invoice'. Invoices in other statuses or types are not posted. Please check the status and type of the invoice.
- Invoices are posted once per 5 minutes. To synchronize immediately, click Add to QuickBooks in the Invoice details page.
- Error messages when sending an invoice to QuickBooks Online after applying a tax:
- When posting invoices to QBO, the applied tax rates must exist in QBO beforehand.
- Please pre-configure these tax rates in QBO, or update these invoices and then try to post them again.
Posting Purchase Orders to QBO:
- Purchase Order is not posted to QBO:
- The "Invoice ID" must be saved in the Purchase Order details in MRPeasy, before it will be posted. Please check that this is done and the PO is saved.
- Purchase Orders are posted once per 5 minutes. To synchronize immediately, click Add to QuickBooks in the Purchase Order details page.
Above mentioned functionality is available in the new version of the integration, from October 2-nd, 2017. If you have used the integration before that day, this functionality is not available. To enable it, go to MRPeasy -> Settings -> System settings -> Integration -> QuickBooks, disconnect from QuickBooks, and connect again.