The customer details page, accessible from CRM -> Customers, displays all the customer's information:
- contact information;
- one or more contact persons;
- time for the next contact (if due, the customer is displayed at CRM -> Today's contacts);
- language of documents issued to the customer (from supported languages);
- default payment period;
- default tax rate (if different from your global setting);
- default currency,
- trade credit limit,
- files and attachments.
- How to record the contact information of a customer?
- How to enter several delivery addresses or a separate billing address?
- How to generate documents for the customer in another language?
- How to set a credit limit for the customer?
- How to set a default payment period for the customer?
- How to import customers?
For recording contact information, first a customer should be created:
- Go to CRM -> Customers, and click Create to add new.
- The contact type field is a drop-down (phone, fax, skype, e-mail, web, address, etc.).
- Each type of contact must be on its own line.
- The address entered here will be printed on invoices, quotations, and waybills. The field Shipping address can be used if different from the billing address.
- Contact details can also be entered for the customer’s contact person(s). This data will not be printed on any document.
For several shipping addresses add more Shipping Address lines in the customer's details. Then, for the Shipment, it will be possible to choose from them in the Customer Order and the Shipment. The list of addresses will include both shipping and billing addresses, shipping addresses will be listed first.
You can choose the language at the customer's details at CRM -> Customers.
Documents, like for example, invoices, will be printed in the customer's default language. By default, the language is your sign up language.
You can enter the payment period at the customer's details at CRM -> Customers.
When an invoice is issued to the customer, the due date is calculated as the current date plus payment period.
You can set the credit limit at the customer's details at CRM -> Customers.
When an invoice is saved, the software checks the customer's trade credit limit and all current outstanding invoices of the customer.
- If the limit is exceeded, a notification is displayed to the user.
- The CRM -> Customers table displays the current Credit balance. (You may need to unhide the columns.)