MRPeasy allows adding files from external storage or linking a direct link (URL).
The files could be used for
- displaying the company logo on documents,
- attaching drawings and images, which can be viewed from the MRPeasy screen by the worker,
- attaching certificates to stock lots,
The following external storage solutions are supported for adding documents and attachments:
- How to attach files in MRPeasy?
- How to see attachments?
- How to display CAD models and images in MRPeasy?
- How to configure item Icons and automatically attaching files to Purchase Orders?
- How to connect to Dropbox?
- How to connect to Google Drive?
- How to connect to Microsoft OneDrive?
- How to save a direct link to a file?
Files could be attached to stock items, stock lots, customers, customer orders, purchase orders, customer notes, customer returns (RMAs), manufacturing orders, and vendors.
For attaching a file:
- Click the button Choose files from Dropbox/Google Drive/OneDrive/Direct link buttons in the document in MRPeasy.
- For cloud services:
2.1. Log in to the cloud hosting service, if you haven't done so earlier.
2.2. Choose the file.
- Click Save in MRPeasy.
To each stock item, among other documents in MRPeasy, it possible to attach files (e.g. documents, drawings, specifications, blueprints), which can be accessed from various locations inside the software (e.g. in Manufacturing Orders, by the worker in "My production plan", included on POs, etc.).
For attaching documents to items:
- Upload it to cloud storage (see External Files documentation), or to your local file server.
- Attach it to the article at Stock -> Stock lots -> Article details at the Files section from the cloud storage, or by using a direct link.
If images are attached (PNG, JPG, GIF, SVG):
- a button Show images is displayed on the right side of the screen.
- When this button is clicked, an area with attached images is expanded. This area can be moved to a new location or resized by dragging the borders. The last setting for displaying images will be saved and used for the same user.
Viewing 3D CAD models inside MRPeasy:
- 3D models are displayed in MRPeasy, if the attached models are in Collada (.DAE) or XML3D format and if your browser supports WebGL (Google Chrome, probably Safari and Internet Explorer 11, and maybe Firefox).
- Most 3D CAD software packages can export models to Collada format.
In addition, the files attached to stock items:
- Can automatically be added as links to Purchase Orders, when this item is procured. For this, the PO checkbox must be selected for the file.
- Can be displayed as Icons on Invoices, Order confirmations, and Quotations. For this, the Icon checkbox must be selected for the file.
Dropbox is a very convenient way for synchronizing your files between multiple devices while also keeping these in cloud storage. To attach files from Dropbox, first create an account at Dropbox. Dropbox software can be installed on your computer, but it is not required.
Google Drive is a very convenient way for synchronizing your files between multiple devices while also keeping these in cloud storage. To attach files from Google Drive, first create an account at Google. Google Drive software can be installed on your computer, but it is not required.
The integration with Google Drive can be configured at Settings -> System Settings -> Integrations -> Google Drive.
For the connection between MRPeasy and Google drive, please allow pop-up windows, at least for the first time.
Disconnect from Google Drive will disable attaching new files. But it will not delete existing attachments.
Microsoft OneDrive is a very convenient way for synchronizing your files between multiple devices while also keeping these in cloud storage. To attach files from OneDrive, first create an account at OneDrive. OneDrive software can be installed on your computer, but it is not required. Files can be uploaded at http://onedrive.live.com.
In order to use OneDrive for Business, external file sharing must be enabled at https://admin.onedrive.com/?v=SharingSettings:
|Let users share SharePoint content with external users:||Anyone, including anonymous users|
|Let users share OneDrive content with external users:||Anyone, including anonymous users|
|Default sharing links:||Anonymous access - anyone with the link|
|Links expire within:||0 days|
If your company uses local file storage (a vault or a file server), you can save direct links (URL) to files. These files will be used by MRPeasy in the same way, as files that are selected from external cloud storage.
The workflow is as follows:
- Copy the URL of your file.
- Where is the section for attaching files, click the blue button with the chain icon.
- In the opened field paste the URL.
The only limitation is, that direct links to files cannot be used as a logo in PDF files. If this is needed, please sign up for any cloud storage, and upload the logo there.
Please note that the link must be an URL (a web address).
It is not possible to use paths to files in your local filesystem/network, e.g. "C:\...". Opening such a path is usually automatically blocked by web browsers because of security concerns.
So, to use direct links, your file server should be able to generate a URL link to the file, which you wish to access.