The Serial numbers functionality provides the ability for using and tracking parts and products with unique serial numbers (S/N).
The serial numbers functionality is for tracking every individual physical item individually. By default, MRPeasy tracks all items by batch already, so if tracking of Batch No./Lot No. is required, this function is not needed separately.
This functionality can be enabled at Settings -> System settings -> Professional functions -> Serial numbers.
When this function is enabled:
- The Serial numbers checkbox is added to each items' details. If this is checked, the serial numbers of this items must be tracked by the users.
- The Serial Numbers report becomes available for items which are tracked by serial numbers.
- The section Stock -> Serial numbers becomes available.
- If the items with serial numbers are procured, the serial numbers must be entered when receiving the goods.
- If the items with serial numbers are manufactured, the serial numbers of products must be defined in the Manufacturing Orders.
- If parts serial numbers must be tracked for each product, the serial numbers of parts can be saved in the Manufacturing Orders.
- When shipping items, the serial numbers must be chosen when picking the items for shipment.
- It's possible to add custom fields for serial numbers (displayed in the Stock -> Serial numbers section).
The serial numbers are tracked within stock lots (batches). E.g. Batch LOT-12345 contains 5 parts with serial numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- What is a stock lot?
- How does stock lot tracking work in MRPeasy?
- How to save serial numbers to parts?
- What do the serial numbers statuses indicate at Stock -> Serial numbers?
- How to record serial numbers when receiving purchase orders?
- How to record serial numbers in manufacturing - for parts and products?
- How to write off serial numbered items?
- How to transfer serial numbered items to another warehouse?
- How to ship serial numbered items to customers?
- How to accept customer returns of serial numbered products?