How to Start Testing
- Think out simple test task. For example, 1 product from 2 parts, 2 manufacturing operations.
- Go to Stock -> Items and enter the name of the product to be produced as well as the raw materials needed for the production. For testing, two raw materials will be enough.
- If you wish to get the cost of your product, enter a Vendor for each raw material.
- Enter a Bill of Materials (BOM) for the product.
- Enter a Routing (list of equipment used and operations needed) for the product, with 2-3 operations for the testing.
- Go to the Production planning section and create a new manufacturing order (MO).
- Start production by clicking Go to Production and Start (button like Play).
- To see your own personal manufacturing orders, go to My production plan.
- When a production operation is finished, click Stop and start the next operation. After the last operation is finished, click Stop and Finish Production.
- When production is finished, the product will change its status in Stock from Planned to Received.
- In reality, production begins with a Customer Order (CO). To enter a CO into the database, go to CRM. When entering a CO, it is possible to check if the necessary products are in stock and, when needed, automatically create Purchase Orders for missing raw materials and Manufacturing Orders for products.
- Within the Customer Order, invoices and quotations can be created under the Invoices subsection, and waybills under the Shipments subsection. All invoices are listed under CRM -> Invoices, all waybills under Stock -> Shipments.
Make sure to read MRPEASY IMPLEMENTATION GUIDELINES.