The Shipment details page, accessible from Stock -> Shipments, a CO, a PO, or an RMA, when opening the details of a shipment shows all information about a shipment.
The Shipment details page allows
- seeing and editing the details of a shipment,
- reporting picking of items for shipping,
- printing Waybills and Picking lists,
- How to make a shipment?
- How to book items for the shipment?
- How to print a Waybill, a Picking list?
- How to ship products?
- How to track shipped serial numbers?
- How to edit the Waybill layout?
- How to add my company logo on the Waybill?
- How to choose which company details are printed on the Waybill?
- How to add a footer to the Waybill (e.g. additional standard information)?
- What to do when products were shipped from the incorrect stock lot?
- How to book products for a Customer Order?
- How to free issue stock to subcontractors via a PO?
- How to create an RMA shipment to replace or return products?
- Open the Customer Order, Purchase Order, or RMA order and scroll down to the Shipments section.
Or go to Stock -> Shipments.
- Click Create Create to create a new Shipment.
The products must be booked beforehand for the order, read how to book goods.
- Fill in the details and Save.
- Print the Waybill and Picking list by clicking the respective buttons.
- Open the Shipment from Stock -> Shipments.
Or from the Customer Order, Purchase Order, or RMA order.
- Report picking of the items from stock:
a) for reporting line-by-line, click the Pick Consume button on each line to report picking.
b) if reporting all-at-once, click the Pick all items button.
- If the item has serial numbers, a new page for selecting shipped serial numbers will open.
- Select the serial numbers, and Save.
- When using the Pick button, it is possible to paste serial numbers in bulk from a spreadsheet (this is not possible with Pick all items button).
(If you do not see any serial numbers, then these have not been entered into the system. This must be done before the items for the Shipment can be picked. Read about how to enter serial numbers into the system.)
Now the shipment has been made, and products have been written off from the stock.
The Waybill layout can be edited with the PDF Editor at Settings -> System settings -> PDF Editor -> Layouts: Waybill.
If your company does not physically track items by stock lots, then probably nothing should be done.
If you wish to change the lot, which was reported shipped, then, generally, the following actions should be done:
- Undo the picking operation and remove these items from the Shipment:
1. Open the Shipment.
2. On that lot line, click "Pick" button and enter negative (-) quantity.
3. On that lot line, click "Edit" button to reduce the booked quantity for that Shipment.
- Change the bookings for the CO:
1. Open the CO and click on "Reports" button.
2. In "Bookings" report, edit the booking for this lot.
3. Inside the Booking, click "Return to stock" button on that lot line, to release this lot.
4. Inside the Booking, click "Add a booking (+)", to book items from the correct lot.
- Redo the shipping operation:
1a. Inside the original Shipment, click "Add (+)" to add the correct lot to the Shipment.
1b. Or create a new Shipment.
2. Pick the items.