The Stock -> Stock settings -> Units of measurement -> UoM details page displays the details of a unit, in which you measure something in stock.
For adding a unit of measurement:
- Go to Stock -> Stock settings -> Units of measurement and click Create Create.
- Or click Add a new unit from the unit of measurement choice menu in an item's details page.
- Enter the name of the unit.
For convenience, for each stock UoM it is possible to define additional units, that can be used in BOMs and MOs.
Note that this is not for vendor-specific units which are set up inside the Purchase Terms of items, and used in POs.
For adding unit conversions:
- Open the UoM details page.
- Add unit conversions into the Unit conversions table, e.g.
- Main unit is kg, additionally 1 gr = 0.001 kg.
- Main unit is m, additionally 1 km = 1000 m.
- Main unit is ft, additionally 1 in = 0.83 ft.
- Main unit is lb, additionally 1 oz = 0.0625 lbs.
- Once saved, it is possible to select the conversion in a BOM, if a material uses the main unit.
- If unit is chosen in BOM, it will also be shown in the MO.