The Production planning -> Workstation groups section contains a list of all workstation groups.
- What is a workstation group?
- What is a workstation?
- Workstation group's properties.
- Workstation group's reports.
A workstation group is a group of workstations that can all do the same tasks. For example,
- A "CNC" workstation group with five CNC machines;
- An "Assembly" workstation group with two assembly tables;
- A "Heat treatment" workstation group with one oven.
Workstation groups together with workstations define your production capacity.
- Workstation groups are necessary for the software for it to be be able to pick a suitable and available workstation for an operation.
- A workstation must must belong to a workstation group.
- A workstation can only belong to one workstation group.
- Workstations from different sites can be included in one workstation group.
- When defining an operation in a product's routing a corresponding workstation group must be chosen. Only during production scheduling, a specific workstation is assigned by the system.
|Workstation's hourly rate
|Workstation group A
|Workstation group B