Units of Measurement
The Stock -> Stock settings -> Units of measurement section contains a list of all main units of measurement (UoM) used in stock.
In addition to the stock units of items it is possible to:
- Define unit conversions for more comfortable use in BOMs (e.g. kg -> g, lbs -> oz). For example:
- You track an item in your inventory in pounds.
- A vendor sells items in "bags", where each bag is 12 lbs. Your PO to the vendor shows that you are ordering a number of bags. This is a vendor-specific UoM conversion.
- Define conversions from vendor's units of measurement to stock units (e.g. 1 package on PO -> 30 pcs in stock). For example:
- When a bag is received, inventory increases by 12 lbs.
- You use this item in a product in ounces. In a bill of materials (and later MO), the quantity to consume is e.g. 1 oz per product. This is a unit conversion from the main unit.