The Stock -> Critical on-hand page shows a list of all items (procured and manufactured) for which the available quantity is below their Reorder Point (ROP), and need re-ordering.
For an item to show up on this report, its Reorder point parameter needs to be set, even 0.
Creating a Purchase Order
- Click on the Create a purchase order Create a purchase order button on an item's line.
- All other below minimum items from the same vendor are automatically added to the same PO.*
- All PO details are automatically filled, including price, minimum order quantity, and expected delivery date.*
- *For the automatic grouping and Purchase Order pre-population to work the Purchase Terms must be saved for the items.
- Update any details of the PO, e.g. add, remove or edit the line items.
- Save to create the PO.
- When the Purchase Order is saved, all the ordered items are automatically booked to where these were demanded from, Customer or Manufacturing Orders (following the FIFO principle).
Creating a Manufacturing Order
- Click on the Create a manufacturing order Create a manufacturing order button on an item's line.
- The MO quantity is automatically calculated to replenish the available stock up to the Reorder Point level.
- Update any details of the MO, e.g. the quantity, or the start or due dates.
- Save to schedule the order.
- When the Manufacturing Order is saved, all the manufactured items are automatically booked to where these were demanded from, Customer or Manufacturing Orders (following the FIFO principle).