The Quality control functionality enables functions that are needed for quality control, it is possible to turn the quality control on for any stock item (both procured and produced) and perform inspections of arrived goods which are automatically put on hold for inspection.
This functionality can be enabled at Settings -> System settings -> Professional functions -> Quality control.
If enabled, the following functions will become available:
- The Procurement -> Inspection tab becomes available.
- Two additional statuses are available for stock lots: On hold and Rejected.
- It's possible to enable Quality Control (Yes/No) for each item in the item details.
- It's possible to set a default On-hold period in days for each item in the item details.
If the item is procured, The expected availability date = Expected arrival date of PO + On hold period.
If the item is manufactured, The expected availability date = Expected finish date of MO + On hold period.
- If procured items are subject to quality control, the quantity and the percentage of rejected items are shown for each vendor at Procurement -> Vendors page.
- It's possible creating Service orders for rejected items in Stock -> Stock lots -> Rejected stock lot details. (What is a Service Order?)
- How does quality control functionality work?
- How to set up quality control for an item?
- How to repair rejected items, which failed quality control?
- Which user rights are necessary for performing quality inspections?
If a stock item is subject to quality control:
- When a stock lot is received (from procurement, production), it is assigned the status On hold.
- The items are Expected to arrive in stock and can be booked for subsequent operations or sales.
- The On hold items are displayed in Procurement -> Inspection, where the quality control manager should report inspecting the stock lots and then approving or reject it, either fully or partially.
- Approved items get status Received and are marked arrived in stock.
- Rejected items get status Rejected and are assigned a new unique stock lot number (with the reference to the original).
All bookings for the rejected items are canceled.
- Rejected items can be
- repaired with a Service order which can be created at Stock -> Stock lots -> Rejected stock lot details.
- manually written off at Stock -> Write-offs.
To repair rejected items, please go to Stock -> Stock lots, find the rejected lot, open it, and click the button Create a service order. A service order can be for repairing the whole rejected lot or for only part of the item.
When a service order is created, the software will book rejected items as parts and a new target stock lot for repaired items will be created. This guarantees full traceability and correct cost control.
To perform quality control in Procurement -> Inspection the user needs to have appropriate rights set in Settings -> Human Resources -> Users -> User details.