The lighting and LED manufacturing industry has managed to stay on a steady growth path despite global supply chain and raw material availability disruptions brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. The global market size is expected to reach USD 163 billion by 2027, from a pre-pandemic USD 118 billion, according to Fortune Business Insights.
Lighting accounts for roughly a sixth of all electricity consumption. With rising calls for environmental consciousness and sustainability, new regulations on energy efficiency are being enforced across the sector. This means that electronics manufacturing service providers (EMS) and original equipment manufacturers (OEM) need to put more focus on product innovation while staying compliant and raising the efficiency of LED and lighting manufacturing processes.
Latest trends in the lighting industry include:
- Energy-efficient LED lighting is seeing increasing market share due to global regulations on energy efficiency and new applications.
- Innovative plant growing and vertical farming methods are increasing demand for low-power, high-yield lighting solutions.
- Internet of Things and AI-powered applications are fuelling new innovations in lighting product design and manufacturing.
- Emerging emphasis on custom and affordable lighting solutions in the housing sector and in developing countries.
Easily estimate product cost and lead time with MRPeasy
MRPeasy is a manufacturing ERP that allows effortless management of complex supply chains, stringent industry regulations, and intricate manufacturing processes. This 100% cloud-based software is accessible from any internet-enabled computer or smart device and requires no infrastructure investments to implement, keeping your Total Cost of Ownership low and the Return on Investment high.
MRPeasy enables you to:
- Plan and schedule production with Master Production Schedule, complex routing functions like parallel execution and overlap, drag and drop rescheduling, and much more.
- Create and manage complex workflows with a comprehensive Bill of Materials (BOM) system, complete with multi-level and parametric BOM capabilities.
- Take inventory management to a new level with powerful procurement tools and an inventory optimization system including intelligent demand forecasting and purchase order management.
- Stay compliant and assure quality with end-to-end traceability, serial number and lot tracking, revision and version control system, and RMA functionality.
- Enjoy seamless integrations with your preferred business applications like Xero, WooCommerce, Shopify, Zapier, and many more, or build a custom solution with the full API access.
Start your free trial today and discover how MRPeasy can increase your manufacturing or distribution operation’s productivity.
GNUK LTD is a British biosystems engineering company that specializes in photo-bio lighting solutions. The company’s main focus is to utilize developments in semiconductor technologies to advance artificially powered photo-bioreactor platforms.
GNUK LTD uses MRPeasy for production planning and stock management.
TM Lighting is the UK’s leading art lighting specialist. The company specializes in the design and manufacture of exceptional LED products that transform works of art.
MRPeasy is used for production planning and reporting, inventory control, and supply chain management.
Urban Cottage Industries
URBAN COTTAGE INDUSTRIES LTD from the UK designs and manufactures innovative lighting products at its Greenhill Mills facility, and distributes them locally in 16 countries.
Urban Cottage Industries uses MRPeasy as a full Manufacturing ERP Solution.