How can I connect MRPeasy and QB Online?
When I establish connection with Quickbooks Online, it asks to set up the income account. Is there a way to have different items associated with different income accounts in QBO?
When invoices or bills are pushed to QBO, do the items have to exist in QBO already?
If a customer doesn't exist in QBO, and you push an invoice from MRPeasy, will it create the new customer in QBO?
In this case, MRPeasy will update the name of the customer or product, if this information is different.
When you push an invoice to Quickbooks Online from MRPeasy, will it overwrite the customer and item information in QBO, or will it only use information that’s already in QBO?
When I post a PO with tax to QBO in the US, I receive the following message: ‘Please create a tax for Quickbooks’. What do I do?
Please create a PO in MRPeasy in the same way that you would create a bill in QuickBooks. If you do not enter a tax separately when you are in QBO, please do not enter it in MRPeasy either.
QuickBooks has localizations with different functions. For example, in the Australian version of QBO, it is possible to configure taxes such as 'Collected on purchases' and 'Purchase tax is reclaimable'. In addition, a bill has a separate field for tax. In the US version this functionality is not available.
Is there a report in MRPeasy which we can compare with our ending balances in QBO for Inventory, WIP, etc.?
1. With a well-designed integration configuration and QBO usage pattern, the reports in MRPeasy (in points 2, 3, and 4 below) can correspond 100% to QBO accounts.
However, in other setups, these numbers may be more difficult to compare.
- Mainly this is due to the fact that the balance synchronization does not work by comparing some accounts in MRPeasy and QBO. Instead, complete transactions are posted onto corresponding accounts.
- The QBO accounts may additionally be affected by
- different starting balances,
- other transactions from QBO,
- and non-standard accounts mappings of the integration (e.g. a product's inventory account is mapped on the WIP account).
What always can be compared one-to-one are:
- The manual journals made by MRPeasy in QBO.
- And the corresponding detailed reports in MRPeasy.
These can be found at MRPeasy -> Settings -> System settings -> Integrations -> QuickBooks -> Synchronization logs.
2. The overview of the movements of goods and the inventory balance can be seen in the Stock -> Stock movements report.
- Be aware that the displayed WIP value there represents a different thing than in the context of QBO integration.
- In stock movements, WIP is only the value of used materials in unfinished production.
- More about this report: /resources/user-manual/stock/movement/
3. The WIP in the context of QBO integration is the total cost of unfinished manufacturing orders, including direct labor and applied manufacturing overhead.
The total cost of unfinished manufacturing orders can be found in Production planning -> Statistics reports by looking at current unfinished manufacturing orders.
4. If the MRPeasy Standard Accounting module is enabled, the "Work In Progress" account will also reflect the WIP the same way as the QBO integration, the inventory accounts can be configured to reflect those in QBO, etc.
5. When comparing balances, some additional limitations of the integration should be kept in mind:
- Transactions in MRPeasy and QBO may have different dates.
- Transactions inside MRPeasy reports can sometimes be backdated (the transaction was created at a later date, but it is effective from an earlier date).
- Transactions are never posted to QBO as backdated. These are posted with the date of the synchronization.
- The automatic synchronization happens once per day every evening. To force synchronization now, press Synchronize now at Settings -> System settings -> Integrations -> QuickBooks Online.